(by: Children between 4-8 years old)
1.»Love is Mom»
2. «Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way.»
3. «When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore.
So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.»
4. «When someone loves you, the way she says your name is different. You know that your name is safe in her mouth.»
5. «Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.»
6. «Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your french fries without making them give you any of theirs.»
7. «Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don’t yell at him because you know it would hurt his feelings.»
8. «Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.»
9. «Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.»
10. «Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more.
My mommy and daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss but they look happy and sometimes they dance in the kitchen while kissing.